After publishing the post Take care in Winters, I actually thought of taking care by introducing new and healthier items to our meals. Recently I read about the benefits soups bring up with them and spinach, we all know, is one of the most nutritious foods. My room mate used to have spinach soup two years back when she suddenly got extra health conscious. But even the idea of a soup made of spinach made me simply hate it. But it was only after I saw so many websites giving recipes of spinach soup and rating it good that I dared to cook this particular item.
Why it seemed to be nutritious?
Due to the major ingredients like spinach, bean sprouts, garlic and lemon, it seemed to be good choice. Following is the detailed list of ingredients:
- 3 cups washed and chopped spinach
- 4-5 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 spring onion finely chopped with greens
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 green chilly
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 3 cups water
- ½ tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Butter to garnish
- Wash the spinach properly and chop it roughly. Then sprinkle some salt over it and keep aside.
- Chop coriander and pressure cook spinach, coriander and green chilly with very little water for one whistle.
- Cool the boiled mixture and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and put cumin seeds into it.
- When they crackle, add garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Then add bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spring onions and after 1 min, add water into it.
- Bring the water to boil and then add spinach paste to the pan.
- Sprinkle the pepper powder and add fresh cream to the mixture and keep stirring for around 10 min.
- Serve hot with butter on top.
Now believe it or not, the soup tasted delicious. And I am going to prepare this every winter. How about you???